Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Purple Wedding Suite: Rehearsal Dinner

I've been working like CRAZY on a wedding suite for a May bride.  Eventually, I'll show you her stationery creations.  But for now, I thought you might like to see what I created for my son Marcus' and DIL Emily's wedding - almost 3 years ago now!  Seems hard to believe.

I didn't make the invitations, but I did create some things for the Rehearsal Dinner.  And you can see a sneak peek of the ceremony program below, which I'll show you in greater detail on Friday!



Here's the outside of the Rehearsal Dinner Invitation - carrying out the purple theme with a masculine touch (keeping in mind it was for a 'groom's' dinner).  I inked the Medallion stamp in Pale Plum and then stippled the Perfect Plum and Elegant Eggplant inks onto certain areas of the rubber - then stamped. Sponge daubers could also be used - but I felt the stipple brushes gave a more blended look.




I like to 'logo' the back of my creations:



I also made a few things for the actual rehearsal dinner.  These are table place cards that doubled as favors.  The Hershey's Nuggets are wrapped in stamped address labels and place in a matchbox with a clear sliding lid.


Another thing I like to do for the bridal couple is create a 'guest book' of sorts of the people who are in their wedding party.  At the rehearsal, I took a single photo of each member of the wedding party.  At the dinner, each guest received a journaling card and matching pen and was asked to write memories, advice, funny stories, best wishes, etc. to the couple.  I collected these and put them along with the photos in an album.  I think Marcus and Emily really liked it!



And like I often do when I am on a designing roll, I made a few extra greeting cards using the same supplies!  I used this card for wedding congratulations.



All supplies are Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted

Card Recipe
Stamps:  Medallion, Sincere Salutations, Noteworthy (all retired)
Ink:  Pale Plum (retired), Perfect Plum, Elegant Eggplant
Paper:  Shimmery White, Elegant Eggplant, Basic Black, Lined paper (Creative Memories)
Extras:  Large Rhinestone, Basic Black Satin Ribbon (retired), stipple brushes (retired), Matchbox die, clear transparencies, RSVP pens, Modern Label punch and Movers/Shapers die, address labels
Inspired by:  me ... and a lovely couple I just happen to know!

Purchase the Stampin’ Up! Supplies to make this project at my ONLINE STORE.



Do you know of a bride who would love to have personalized wedding stationery? Send her to me!  I work with many clients long distance - it is possible!  And remember ... referrals have their rewards!


Thanks for stopping by today!  Be sure to come back Friday for grand finale of Wedding Week!

~Hugs~   Cheryl O.    J

No comments: