Friday, November 30, 2012

Fun Fold for Christmas

I really like the surprise of a different fold when I pull a card from the envelope.  This is the card I made for Christmas last year, and it uses a 'letter fold' on a 5.5" x 4.25" piece of cardstock.  The bottom is folded up, then the top folded down to just overlap a bit - the finished card is 5.5" x 4".


The belly band is punched at each end, folded around the card, and secured with ribbon and a bit of bling.  I made two variations - one for my Stampin' Up! Only (SUO) swap, and one for my family Christmast list.


Don't you love those little jingle bells?!  They even made a tinkling sound. And they mailed fine with an added quarter sheet of cardstock to shield them inside the envelope.


All supplies are Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted

Card Recipe
Stamps: Snow Swirled, Winter Post (retired), Star-Studded Season (retired)
Ink: Whisper White craft ink
Paper: Not Quite Navy, Baja Breeze, Silver Glimmer Paper, Whisper White
Extras: Extra Large and Large Tag punches, mini jingle bells (retired), jingle bell die (Quickutz), 1/8" Taffeta ribbon in Baja Breeze, white 1/4" satin ribbon, teardrop punch (Fiskars)
Inspired by: Susan Chester

Purchase the Stampin’ Up! Supplies to make this project at my ONLINE STORE.

 
Thanks so much for stopping by my Christmas workshop today!  Hope to see you on Saturday at the Mayer Holiday Boutique, too!

~Hugs~   Cheryl O.    J

No comments: