Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Christmas is Coming . . . got your STAMPIN' on?

Christmas is just around the corner for us stampers - do you have your card designed yet?  Maybe yours is already designed, stamped, and mailed!  Good for you.  That's what I try to do - but I've been so busy this year that mine are still on the craft table in pieces! 

So I'll post a few of my ideas from years past in the next few days to get your creative juices going!  This card is created using a stamp I found for $1 in a clearance basket at a little shop in Marshall a couple years ago!  Love getting a great deal.

 
 
You can see a bit of the detail here - I used knotted rafia for the 'ribbon', sponged the wreath stamp in several shades of green, and added Dazzling Details glitter glue to the 'berries.'  The border stamped at the bottom uses Versamark ink and a wheel stamp which I removed from the wheel and attached to a clear block with Aleene's Tack It Over and Over.  I have an easier time getting the image straight if the rubber stamp is OFF the wheel!
 



All supplies are Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted

Card Recipe
Stamps: Mistletoe (wheel, retired), wreath and words (unknown)
Ink: Old Olive, Always Artichoke, Handsome Hunter (retired)
Paper: Ruby Red, Handsome Hunter (both retired), Very Vanilla, Kraft (Target)
Extras: Rafia, Dazzling Details, Modern Label punch, Movers & Shapers label die (retired)
Inspired by: the stamps!

Purchase the Stampin’ Up! Supplies to make this project at my ONLINE STORE.


If you are in the Twin Cities area, be sure to come visit me this Saturday, December 1st at the Mayer Holiday Boutique!  It is held from 8:30am-1:00pm in the Mayer Community Center, Mayer, MN  55360 - just follow the signs!  And see more info on Facebook!
 
 
Thanks for stopping by today! 

~Hugs~   Cheryl O.    J

 

No comments: