Monday, November 19, 2012

A Grateful Heart = True Happiness

How to be happy??  The words on this card couldn't say it any better!  We made this card at Dawn Olchefske's DOstamping Card Class.  Besides a great message, it displays a cool technique - double background stamping!


This is so cool - I had never thought of using TWO background stamps like this - but I love it!  Take a look at Dawn's 10-Minute Tuesday Video to learn how to Double Background stamp.


Add a little ribbon and some pearls - and you have one of my new favorite designs! 


All supplies are Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted

Card Recipe
Stamps: Woodgrain, Sunflower, Pursuit of Happiness
Ink: Crumb Cake, Soft Suede, Early Espresso
Paper: Very Vanilla, Crumb Cake, Early Espresso
Extras: 3/8" Taffeta Ribbon in Crumb Cake, Basic Pearls
Inspired by: Dawn Olchefske

Purchase the Stampin’ Up! Supplies to make this project at my ONLINE STORE.


Thanks, Dawn! And thanks to YOU for stopping by today!

~Hugs~ Cheryl O. J

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

This is so lovely in the neutrals, Cheryl! As for your question on my blog. The mat is made by tracing around the outside of the die on the backside of the cardstock and cutting with paper snips. I didn't really do scallops on the bottom of the embossed piece. After I embossed it, I just cut between the little snowflakes. I don't know if I could ever get it to look like that again! Thanks for the kind words.