Monday, February 25, 2013

Love & Sympathy . . . Chalked Irises

As you've probably guessed, I really enjoy the chalking technique!  It's such a simple way to color, just like I did as a little girl. This time I used the Love & Sympathy stamp set - a true 'must-have' set for those unexpected times when you want to send your condolences or encouragement . . . not to mention the fact that irises are my absolute favorite flowers!


I raised the Concord Crush panel up a bit with Dimensionals.  I also scored the focal panel 1/4" from each edge to give it a bit more interest. This time I used Q-tips to do my chalking - the finer tip worked better on this image than had I used a sponge dauber.





All supplies are Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted

Card Recipe
Stamps:  Love & Sympathy
Ink:  Concord Crush (retired)
Paper:  Concord Crush, Confetti Naturals (both retired)
Extras:  Stampin' Pastels chalks in Elegant Eggplant, Perfect Plum, Always Artichoke, Old Olive, Q-tips, Simply Scored scoring tool
Inspired by:  Cheryl Garratt

Purchase the Stampin’ Up! Supplies to make this project at my ONLINE STORE.
Love & Sympathy - Clear-Mount Stamp Set - by Stampin' Up!
Thanks so much for stopping by today!

~Hugs~   Cheryl O.    J

2 comments:

Joanne Travis said...

Such a soft and lovely design, I love the clean and elegant look of the card.

Unknown said...

Thanks, Joanne! :)