Friday, February 8, 2013

Antiqued Shabby Chic Valentine

I was looking back into the 'archives' to find Valentines I'd made in the past, and found this one!  I like the aged feel of 'days gone by' ~ a love that has stood the test of time.


I keep an old dictionary on hand specifically for projects like this one.  The lighter weight of the pages really lends itself well to distressing - crumpling, inking, etc.


All supplies are Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted

Card Recipe
Stamps:  Antique Collectibles (retired), 'love' border (Fiskars), swirl (Autumn Leaves)
Ink:  Basic Black, Encore Gold, Melon Mambo marker
Paper:  Melon Mambo, Crumb Cake, Basic Black, Whisper White
Extras:  Polka Dot Grosgrain ribbon in Melon Mambo, gold cording, gold leafing pen
Inspired by:  a design I saw in Take Ten magazine

Purchase the Stampin’ Up! Supplies to make this project at my ONLINE STORE.


Grab your old dictionary today and see what you can cook up for Valentine's Day!
Thanks for stopping by!

~Hugs~   Cheryl O.    J

1 comment:

Unknown said...

very cool card, I'll have to remember the dictionary trick!