Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Missin' my favorite Typewriter stamp ...

I remember the 'old days' but probably not further back than electric typewriters!  I was too little to actually use the manual version - but even so, I still love the look ... and I miss this retro typewriter stamp a lot now that it is retired.  So in honor of the old days, I am sharing this card with you today!

 
That's real dictionary paper in the background - I keep a book around just for crafting!  I cut it to size, wadded it up into a ball (yes, I know ... it hurts, but it has to be done!), flattened it out, and inked the edges roughly with a sponge.  Be careful to get it fastened where you want it the first time - it dosn't like to be repositioned!


I changed up the Crumb Cake for So Saffron - I like this look, too!
 
All supplies are Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted


Card Recipe
Stamps:  You're My Type (retired), Ornate Blossom (retired)
Ink:  Crumb Cake, So Saffron, Basic Black ink pads, Basic Black marker
Paper:  Crumb Cake, So Saffron, Basic Black, Whisper White cardstock, scraps of retired DSP, dictionary page
Extras:  1.25" Basic Black Striped Grosgrain ribbon (retired), Hemp Twine, paper piercer, Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border punch
Inspired byRenee Van Stralen

Purchase the Stampin’ Up! Supplies to make this project at my ONLINE STORE.


Thanks for stopping by and reminiscing a bit with me today!
~Hugs~   Cheryl O.   :)

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

I love how you've finished off the dictionary paper! I'm always a bit afraid of sponging paper. I also like the Ornate Flower and the wonky layers! I started out typing on a manual back in the dark ages. It's so much easier to correct mistakes now. And I still need to do a lot of correcting! Fun card especially for an oldster like me.