Wednesday, October 3, 2012

GUY Week: Seafaring MEN

There's just something about a ship that says strength, constancy, stability, dependability.  Remind you of any of the men in your life?  Thankfully, I am blessed to say 'yes' to that!  My dad, my father-in-law, my husband, and my four grown sons are all men for which to be grateful - and I am!

I think this card depicts strength and stability - a firm anchor in an unpredictable world!



The ship is stamped and cropped with the Extra-Large Oval punch and matted with the Decorative Label punch.  The light gray panel edges are distressed to give it that aged feel, and after the anchor was stamped, I paper-pierced a line of holes upward and connected them with a Basic Gray marker to resemble chain links.

Inside these cards, I used birthday and thank-you sentiments to show appreciation to the guys in my life.  I like how they turned out!

All supplies are Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted

Card Recipe
StampsThe Open Sea
Ink:  Basic Gray (ink pad and marker)
Paper:  Cherry Cobbler & Basic Gray cardstock, light gray cardstock (generic), Nautical Expedition DSP (retired)
Extras:  Decorative Label punch, Extra-Large Oval punch, paper piercer & mat, distressing tool.
Inspired bySusie Nelson

Purchase the Stampin’ Up! Supplies to make this project at my ONLINE STORE.

The Open Sea - Clear-Mount Stamp Set - by Stampin' Up!


I encourage you to thank a GUY in your life this week!
~Hugs~   Cheryl O.   :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Truly a creative woman :) and i accept that hug! keep up the good work

Unknown said...

Haha! Thanks! :) Now . . . what shall I bake for you?? :)

Roland Owczarek said...

Um.. Some blonde brownies??? :D