Wednesday, October 10, 2012

KIDS . . . really DO graduate!

Before I knew it, my sons were graduating . . . 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011 . . . and even college graduation in 2010!  There are more coming up, hopefully, and I love every moment of the celebrations.

I also work full time in a college, so I get to see 'my kids' there graduate on a regular basis.  Each year, I make up grad cards in school colors.  The Center-Step technique seemed just right for this year's card:




The scoring and cutting were done at 1" width increments.  The paper strips were cut in 3/4" widths.  And a little faux stitching framed up the focal point.


I ended up needing a few more cards real quick, so put this one together using my scraps:

 

All supplies are Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted

 
Card Recipe
Stamps:  Occasions Alphabet, Sketch an Event (retired)
Ink:  Basic Black (ink pad and marker), gold marker
Paper:  Elegant Eggplant, Basic Black, Whisper White, In Colors 10-12 6x6 Patterns Pack DSP (on clearance now!), dictionary pages
Extras:  Large Oval punch, Extra-Large Oval punch, Basic Black brads, gold cording (retired), paper piercer & mat

Purchase the Stampin’ Up! Supplies to make this project at my ONLINE STORE.

 
To those of you with soon-to-be grads - many congrats and every blessing for a fulfilling future!

~Hugs~   Cheryl O.   :)


1 comment:

DOstamping said...

I love these Center Step cards. It's on my list to do one of these days. Great job!