Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Missin' my favorite Typewriter stamp ...

I remember the 'old days' but probably not further back than electric typewriters!  I was too little to actually use the manual version - but even so, I still love the look ... and I miss this retro typewriter stamp a lot now that it is retired.  So in honor of the old days, I am sharing this card with you today!

 
That's real dictionary paper in the background - I keep a book around just for crafting!  I cut it to size, wadded it up into a ball (yes, I know ... it hurts, but it has to be done!), flattened it out, and inked the edges roughly with a sponge.  Be careful to get it fastened where you want it the first time - it dosn't like to be repositioned!


I changed up the Crumb Cake for So Saffron - I like this look, too!
 
All supplies are Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted


Card Recipe
Stamps:  You're My Type (retired), Ornate Blossom (retired)
Ink:  Crumb Cake, So Saffron, Basic Black ink pads, Basic Black marker
Paper:  Crumb Cake, So Saffron, Basic Black, Whisper White cardstock, scraps of retired DSP, dictionary page
Extras:  1.25" Basic Black Striped Grosgrain ribbon (retired), Hemp Twine, paper piercer, Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border punch
Inspired by:  Renee Van Stralen

Purchase the Stampin’ Up! Supplies to make this project at my ONLINE STORE.


Thanks for stopping by and reminiscing a bit with me today!
~Hugs~   Cheryl O.   :)

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

I love how you've finished off the dictionary paper! I'm always a bit afraid of sponging paper. I also like the Ornate Flower and the wonky layers! I started out typing on a manual back in the dark ages. It's so much easier to correct mistakes now. And I still need to do a lot of correcting! Fun card especially for an oldster like me.