Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Elegant Stamped Christmas

For several years, I have enjoyed my small business, CLOcards - creating special event stationery for weddings, graduations, company outtings, etc.  One of my favorite commissions was creating a Christmas thank-you card for the president of the college where I work.


I made this card larger than normal, working with a full sheet of cardstock and folding to a size of 8.5" x 5.5".  I incorporated several layers, ribbon, sponging, texture embossing and lots of glitz in the form of Iridescent Ice embossing powder, rhinestones, and DazzlingDetails glitter glue.  You can see a bit of the shine in this close-up:


After embossing the tree with Iridescent Ice, I sponged the Elegant Eggplant ink in and around the image until I got the look I wanted.  Be sure to leave me a comment if you have any questions!


All supplies are Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted

Card Recipe
Stamps: Snow Swirled, 'Noel' word stamp (unknown)
Ink: Elegant Eggplant, Wisteria Wonder, VersaMark
Paper: Elegant Eggplant, Wisteria Wonder, white linen
Extras: Iridescent Ice embossing powder, Basic Rhinestones, Dazzling Details, Whisper White Organdy ribbon (retired), Extra Large Oval punch, Snowburst textured embossing folder (retired)
Inspired by: me!

Purchase the Stampin’ Up! Supplies to make this project at my ONLINE STORE.

Snow Swirled Clear-Mount Stamp Set

Put a little bling in your Christmas - and thanks for stopping by today!
~Hugs~   Cheryl O.    J

4 comments:

Bonnie said...

This is one of the stamps in my Christmas box. After seeing this, I can't wait to get it. This will go into my CASE file for sure. Very elegant!

Unknown said...

Thanks for the compliment, Bonnie! I'm honored. :)

Heidi Vinkemeier said...

Very cute Cheryl a nice elegant look fir for the President :)

Unknown said...

Thanks, Heidi! :)