Thursday, February 20, 2014

It's Looking a LOT Like Christmas in MN!

Well, since it is snowing today in Minnesota, will you let me get by with showing you some belated Christmas cards?? You can maybe adapt these ideas to other occasions such as birthdays or thinking of you.  Or just file these ideas away for next year!  We made these cards at our CLOclub class last December.


The folded tree is made from half of a 4" circle.  Super easy and cute!  I just attached it with SNAIL tape runner and it pops up with dimension on its own.





All supplies are Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted

Card Recipe
Stamps:  Petite Paris
Ink:  Cherry Cobbler
Paper:  Season of Style and Festival of Prints DSP, Old Olive, Early Espresso, Whisper White, Very Vanilla
Extras:  Circles Framelits dies, Northern Flurry TIEF, Cherry Cobbler ribbon, Linen Thread, glimmer brads.
Inspired by:  Dawn Olchefske and Connie Babbert

Purchase the Stampin’ Up! Supplies to make this project at my ONLINE STORE.



I CASEd this card from my fellow demonstrator, Dawn Musil-Thomas.  The poinsettia is stamped twice on vellum cardstock, then cut twice - once the larger image, once the smaller image.  The background poinsettia and sentiment are stamped with Versamark ink and embossed with white embossing powder.



I used Dazzling Details for the flower centers:




All supplies are Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted

Card Recipe
Stamps:  Joyful Christmas
Ink:  Versamark
Paper:  Crumb Cake, vellum cardstock
Extras:  white embossing powder, Dazzling Details, glue dots, corner rounder punch
Inspired by:  Dawn Musil-Thomas

Purchase the Stampin’ Up! Supplies to make this project at my ONLINE STORE.


I love the Starburst Technique, or Sunburst as some call it.  Super simple to do, it gives impressive results! I made quite a few of these with birthday greetings on them, too!



The Starburst is built on a separate piece of cardstock (I used a 3x5 index card, trimmed!) and then attached to the Pool Party layer.



Here's a closeup of the edges, so you can see how I built the layers . . .



All supplies are Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted

Card Recipe
Stamps:  Endless Wishes
Ink:  Smoky Slate
Paper:  Winter Frost DSP, Pool Party, Whisper White
Extras:  Silver 1/8" ribbon, Anywhere glue sticks
Inspired by:  Dawn Olchefske and Kathleen Wingerson

Purchase the Stampin’ Up! Supplies to make this project at my ONLINE STORE.

So grab a hot cuppa somethin' and enjoy a warm day of stamping . . . even for just a little while!  Maybe even put on a little Christmas music.  I'll be cheering  my husband on as he snowblows the driveway . . . again!  Thanks for stopping by today!

~Hugs~   Cheryl O.    J

No comments: