Saturday, July 26, 2014

Saturday Morning Video: Texture Embossing with TIEF's!


Good morning and welcome to Saturday Morning Cartoons Videos! Today I will tell you all about Textured Impressions Embossing Folders. Embossing folders are made to use with your Big Shot, and they are the quickest, easiest way to add texture to your project. This is the Beautifully Baroque folder, one of my favorites. I am going to take a plain scrap of Early Espresso cardstock and place it inside the folder. Now I place the folder between my two cutting mats and on the platform. For embossing folders, always open your platform to tab number one. Now roll it though, and wow! You have this amazing, beautiful pattern. I went from this to this in a matter of seconds, which makes a huge difference on your projects. 

The next fun embossing folder that actually has a coordinating stamp set. You can use the stamp the Wildflower Meadow background stamp on your project, then line up the Wildflower Meadow Embossing Folder over your design and emboss! On this project, I wet embossed the image and the dry embossed with the folder, creating all sorts of beautiful texture. In both of these examples, I used clear embossing powder. 

Click the Pic . . .


(Email readers go to my BLOG to see this!)


There are so many fun techniques you can do with embossing folders! I'll show you one that uses the brayer and my Gumball Green ink pad. I'm going to ink up the folder using the brayer, because if I bring the pad directly to the embossing folder, it might get ink down in the grooves. Now I'll place a piece of watercolor paper inside the folder and send it through my Big Shot. It inks and embosses at the same time! Look how that technique turned out on my finished card. So pretty. 

I hope you enjoyed learning about textured impressions embossing folders! Until next time, Happy Stamping!




To order Stampin' Up! products, just visit my Online Store any time.  And thanks for watching cartoons videos with me today!  If you're in the mood for cartoon video reruns, check out my Videos page!

~Hugs~   Cheryl O.    J

No comments: