Monday, September 23, 2013

My Friend: Wedding Invitations


I know you probably wonder what on EARTH I've been up to!  Yes, I do still reside on this Earth . . . I'm just busy stampin' . . . and of course, working my full time job - drat!!  No really, I love my work at the local college - but it sure cuts into my stamping time!

Last summer 2012 I worked hard on my son's and daughter-in-law's wedding suite. Then I worked on a November wedding. Soon after that, I contracted to work on  May 23rd, 2013.  Then this summer I worked on 2 September weddings and am now just starting on a December 2013 wedding!  Whew!  It takes time, but it sure is fun having a happy bride lovin' her wedding suite!

This week I want to show you all the creations I made for Vonda's wedding last May.  She had definite ideas about color and overall 'look' and we made it happen!  

The Save the Date cards were sent out in December in Vonda's Christmas cards:



Next, I created the invitations - a half-sheet of white cardstock, printed and stamped.



This is a close-up of the stamping.  The stamp used is from the set called "My Friend" and is inked using sponge daubers - one for each of 3 colors. After sponging the rubber, stamp the image . . . again and again!  It took a while, but I love the result.



The invitations were matted in Night of Navy:



Ah, they are finished!!!



Boxed and ready to deliver to the beautiful bride!



I will have more of Vonda's wedding suite on my blog later this week - stay tuned!



All supplies are Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted

Card Recipe
Stamps:  My Friend
Ink:  Night of Navy, Old Olive, Bayou Blue (retired)
Paper:  Whisper White, Night of Navy
Extras:  sponge daubers
Inspired by:  Vonda's ideas!

Purchase the Stampin’ Up! Supplies to make this project at my ONLINE STORE.
 My Friend - Clear-Mount Stamp 
Thanks for stopping by today!

~Hugs~   Cheryl O.    J


No comments: