Friday, May 17, 2013

Graduation Suite

I've enjoyed rubber stamping as a hobby for years, but I really have to give my friend Paula the credit for getting me started with my own business, CLOcards!  She asked me a few years back to create graduation announcements for her son - which I did!  It was my first 'big job' and I wasn't really sure what to charge - but I had a lot of fun with it!  I made 150 and impressed all those 'golf ball dimples' into each one - whew!


Then a couple of years later - in a new state and graduating from a new high school - she asked me to create grad invitations for her next son.  Here's what we came up with - a Criss Cross card!  The instructions by Lynn Birus were super helpful.


The criss-cross pocket is really quite easy to create from a 1/2 sheet of cardstock, and no adhesive at the bottom allows the inserts to slide all the way in.






A belly band encircles the card pocket and is accented with the school symbol, a panther pawprint embossed in black.


I also created matching Thank You notes - easy peasy with Stampin' Up!'s notecards and envelopes!




All supplies are Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted

Card Recipe
Stamps:  Sketch an Event, Engraved Greetings (retired), Paw Print (Stampabilities)
Ink:  Basic Black, Versamark
Paper:  Pumpkin Pie, Real Red, Basic Black, Whisper White, 2011 (TCP Studios)
Extras:  Orange/black embroidery floss (DMC), Black embossing powder, SU! notecards, circle punches, 5/8" Real Red grosgrain ribbon (retired)
Inspired by:  Lynn Birus

Purchase the Stampin’ Up! Supplies to make this project at my ONLINE STORE.

Happy Graduation, everyone!

Thanks for stopping by today!

~Hugs~   Cheryl O.    J




2 comments:

Shari Fritz said...

Love your criss cross graduation announcements and matching Thank You cards. Wish I had thought of the criss cross idea for my son's announcements. I may CASE the thank you's. :)

Unknown said...

Thanks, Shari! I'm honored. :)