Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Weddings = New Beginnings

It seems it is the season of new beginnings for me . . .   I'm trying out a new blog format - wish me luck!  AND my son got married in August!  I had the honor of making the wedding invitations for him and his lovely bride - a dream come true, since I have only sons!





Here are the Instructions:
Whisper White card base - cut 8.5" x 5.5", Simply Scored at 4.25" and folded.
Stamped layer: Whisper White, cut 4" x 5.25" and trimmed with Scallop Trim Border punch.
Stamped withi MIxed Bunch stamp set in So Saffron ink, some full strength, some stamped off first.
Flower: Blossom punch, one layer punched from Pumpkin Pie, the next layer stamped Pumpkin Pie on Whisper White cardstock and then punched. So Saffron flower layer punched with Boho Blossoms punch. Top circle layer stamped with Pumpkin Pie and punched with 1/2" circle punch. Topped with tiny pearl. Garden Green leaves punched with Bird builder punch.
White Organza ribbon, 7" piece, wrapped around layer, topped with flower using dimensionals.
Layered flat to card front.









All supplies are Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted

Card Recipe
Stamps: Mixed Bunch
Ink: So Saffron, Pumpkin Pie
Paper: Pumpkin Pie, Garden Green, & Whisper White cardstock
Extras:  5/8" Whisper White Organza ribbon, Pearls, Blossom punch, Boho Blossoms punch, 3/4" Circle punch, Scallop Trim border punch
Inspired byCristena Bagne

Purchase the Stampin’ Up! Supplies to make this project at my ONLINE STORE.

Mixed Bunch - Clear-Mount Stamp


There are even more pics on my Facebook page, CLOcards.  Be sure to let me know if you have any questions on these - and thanks for stopping by and reading my very first post!

~Hugs~   Cheryl O.    :)

10 comments:

Grandma Mary said...

Hi Cheryl,

Nice blog! Love the invitations!

Usually on blogspot, I can click on a photo and it will enlarge, however, yours aren't enlarging - perhaps you could change a setting to make it do that? It's so nice to see the details up close.

Many blessings,
Mary Hamilton

Unknown said...

Looking good!

Unknown said...

I think I fixed that - for the first pic, anyway. Have to get at the others! I had only copied and pasted everything - but directly uploading the pic allowed it to be clicked on and enlarge. Thanks for the tip!

Debbie said...

Awesome set for the invites. Love it! WOW!!! Hope you took a month or more to get them all together. That's ALOT of stamping! Love the look of your blog. Some of the photos enlarged with one click. Not sure why all don't :)

Unknown said...

Hi, Debbie! I think they all should all enlarge with a click now. I just finished uploading them all rather than the copy/paste I'd originally done! Thanks for looking AND commenting! :)

June K said...

Very lovely. Sure looks like a lot of invitations and other matching pieces.

Unknown said...

Thanks, June! Yes, a LOT of pieces - but a LOT of fun and such a privilege to do all this for my new DIL!

Doris said...

Absolutely gorgeous!

Doris said...

Just niticed you posted this on my birthday:)

Unknown said...

Thanks for your kind comment, Doris! And happy belated September bday!