Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Baby Banners

Hello there!  I got a question this week from Sandra.  She is involved making cards for Operation Write Home (OWH) and the guidelines prohibit much in the way of bling on cards!  You can find out more about this great ministry project HERE.  I learned a LOT - including NO GLITTER!

I told Sandra I'd try to post some ideas from time to time that would meet the guidelines and still turn out to be fun and cute cards.  I thought of this card right away, inspired by Connie Babbert.  The baby theme could easily be switched to a birthday or thinking of you theme.  Other than the dimensionals used, this card consists of all flat layers! And you could even omit the dimensional adhesive and just mount the focal point flat to the card.


 
 
These banners were cut to be 1.5" wide and 5", 4", and 3" long.  When I make this card again, however, I will make the banners 5", 4.5" and 4" long.  3" turned out to be a little short I think.  The ends were cut with a square punch turned upside down!

Thanks so much for asking for ideas, Sandra!  I hope to add more in the future, and will tag them "OWH" so you find them on a search of my blog.  And remember - any card can be 'flattened' down by mounting layers flat without dimensionals, replacing brads and buttons with small punched shapes, and replacing ribbon/knots/bows with paper strips and little punches or diecuts.  Embossing folders are a great way to add the WOW factor, too.
 
All supplies are Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted

Card Recipe
Ink:  Early Espresso
Paper:  Whisper White, Primrose Petals cardstock, Sale-a-bration DSP (retired)
Extras:  2 3/8" scallop circle punch, 2.5" scallop circle punch, 1.5" square punch, bone folder (to curl up the banners), Cra-Z-Art colored pencils.
Inspired byConnie Babbert

Purchase the Stampin’ Up! Supplies to make this project at my ONLINE STORE.

 
Until next time, keep your comments and questions coming!
~Hugs~   Cheryl O.   :)

No comments: