Monday, April 8, 2013

Thoughts and Prayers Abound

Do you ever have one of those months where it seems like you need another sympathy card every time you turn around?  I have a list of names I need to send to - so I needed to get busy and create a stack of cards!

This is a simple card I saw on Splitcoaststampers by Lydia Fiedler - the faux letterpress technique is so pretty and quick & easy!


I patted an ink pad inside the front cover of a Textured Impressions Embossing Folder (TIEF), carefully inserted my cardstock layer, closed the embossing folder, and ran it through my Big Shot as usual. The ink was pressed to the flat cardstock but not to the raised impression.  Love the result!


I added my sentiment and a strip of pearls and mounted the layer to the card front using Dimensionals.

All supplies are Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted

Card Recipe
Stamps:  Thoughts and Prayers
Ink:  River Rock, Early Espresso
Paper:  Whisper White
Extras:  Flower Garden TIEF, Basic Pearls, Dimensionals
Inspired by:  Lydia Fiedler of Understand Blue

Purchase the Stampin’ Up! Supplies to make this project at my ONLINE STORE.
 Thoughts & Prayers Clear-Mount Stamp Set
The ink pad I used on this card is none other than RIVER ROCK!  I know it's not used a lot out there in Stamping World, and it's being RETIRED!!!  (sad face.)  But I really like it and am glad I have it!  


Don't forget to stock up on your retiring faves before they are out of stock. 
 And if you order today, you get FREE Shipping!  Woo hoo!  


Take a trip over to my Online Store - and be sure to let me know if you have any questions!

Thanks for stopping by today!

~Hugs~   Cheryl O.    J



1 comment:

Leanne ... said...

Yes...this technique works very nice on this EF and looks nice for a sympathy card. TFS
Hugs...Leanne