Thursday, September 25, 2014

TBT: Quickie 3x3 Cards For You!

So TBT - Throw-back Thursday - is all the rage, right?  So I think that makes it OK to show you some little 3x3 cards I made a year ago!  They were my first attempt at the chalkboard technique, which I'll tell you more about in a minute.  Take a look at these cuties . . .



You can see a little better here what I did.  I used a 6" x 3" piece of Whisper White cardstock and folded it in half.  You can get 8 of these out of a 12x12" sheet! Cool, huh?!  The Designer Series Paper is cut at 2-3/4" square.  The Early Espresso Core'dinations paper was cut at 2" square I think, and the For You image was punched with a 1-3/8" Circle Punch.


Here's how I did the chalkboard technique on the For You image:
  1. Stamp the image with Versamark ink and sprinkle with white embossing powder.
  2. Using the heat tool, heat the image until the white embossing powder melts and becomes raised and glossy.
  3. Using a white ink pad and a little sponge (don't ink it too much!), rub gently here and there randomly over the image to give the smudged look of a chalkboard.

All supplies are Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted.

Card Recipe
Stamps: Chalk Talk
Ink:  Versamark.
Paper:  Parkers Patterns DSP (retired), Early Espresso Core-dinations (retired), Basic Black, Whisper White
Extras:  Sanding block, 1-3/8" Circle punch, white embossing powder, heat tool.
Inspired by:

Purchase the Stampin’ Up! Supplies to make this project at my ONLINE STORE.

Voile!  You have the chalkboard look - easy peasy.  Today is the perfect day to give it a try!
Thanks for stopping by today!

~Hugs~   Cheryl O.    J

No comments: